Use this poster to help market your on-campus student position!
Have open student positions? Use this poster to help direct students to on-campus employment.
Here is a list of sample exit interviews that campus employers can consider asking their student employees during the offboarding process.
Another idea for collecting information about your new staff member. One CSU department has created this form to find out about their staff and learn the preferences.
This is an activity for students and supervisors to discuss career competencies that the job requires and that they want to develop for future goals, using a reflect, plan and dream model.
Please note that starting January 1, 2021, the State of Colorado has implemented the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. This act covers a number of requirements and prohibitions for employers in order to prevent pay disparities. Specifically, we want to draw employers’ attention to several critical components:
- Employers are required to disclose in each job posting the hourly or salary compensation range along with the general description of benefits and other potential compensation
- Employers are prohibited from requesting wage rate history of a perspective employee or requiring it as a condition of employment
- Employers are required to maintain records of job descriptions and wage rate history for each employee while employed and for 2 years after employment ends
Further information on this act and which employers must abide by these regulations can be found here. If you have additional questions, please connect with your organization’s Human Resources department or legal counsel.
Offer letter template that can be used for re-hiring a returning student employee who is being promoted to Team Lead.
Offer letter template that can be used for re-hiring a returning student employee.
On-campus student offer letter for new employee.
Each year Colorado State University celebrates National Student Employment Week during the second full week of April. This week enables us to thank Colorado State University students for the contributions they make as employees to the University and the surrounding community.
This year, National Student Employment Week will be held April 12 – April 16, 2021.
- Start a Kudoboard or send a thoughtful card or email
- Mail department swag or schedule a socially distanced swag bag pick up
Feature your student staff on your social media platforms
Activity for students and supervisors to discuss career competencies that the job requires and that they want to develop for future goals, using a reflect, plan and dream model.
Student employment onboarding checklist with important topics to cover with your new employee when they first start working for your office.