Please note that starting January 1, 2021, the State of Colorado has implemented the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. This act covers a number of requirements and prohibitions for employers in order to prevent pay disparities. Specifically, we want to draw employers’ attention to several critical components:
- Employers are required to disclose in each job posting the hourly or salary compensation range along with the general description of benefits and other potential compensation
- Employers are prohibited from requesting wage rate history of a perspective employee or requiring it as a condition of employment
- Employers are required to maintain records of job descriptions and wage rate history for each employee while employed and for 2 years after employment ends
Further information on this act and which employers must abide by these regulations can be found here. If you have additional questions, please connect with your organization’s Human Resources department or legal counsel.
Ideas for student telework projects
Procedures employers should take if they suspect impairment from student employees.
Retention requirements for Personnel/HR start on page 10.
Who to talk to about job postings, job development, employer resources, student training & advising, new hire paperwork for students, work study, and oracle function related to student employment.
THE CAREER CENTER
OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID
Interview questions and things to consider when selecting student candidates.
Work Study Dates for AY 2020- 2021
- Work Study jobs begin no earlier than: 15-Aug-2020
- Fall only awards must end: 18-Dec-2020
- Spring only awards begin: 16-Jan-2021
- All Work Study employment ends: 14-May-2021
Work Study Dates for AY 2021-2022
- Work Study jobs begin no earlier than: 14-Aug-2021
- Fall only awards must end: 17-Dec-2021
- Spring only awards begin: 12-Jan-2022
- All Work Study employment ends: 13-May-2022
Student Eligibility and Enrollment Deadline
To be employed as a student hourly employee, you must be enrolled at Colorado State University for at least 1 credit in a degree-seeking program, be a graduate student on Continuous Registration as of the last day to drop/add classes each semester. This date is officially known as ‘Census Date’, or be an undergraduate student on Planned Leave.
Census Dates for 2021-2022
- Fall 2019: September 8, 2021
- Spring 2020: