Off-Campus work-study reminders around hiring, policies, procedures.
Template for posting an off-campus work-study job including description guideline with career competencies.
Ideas for student telework projects
Average number of hours/weeks a student can work at various pay rates.
This document explains Work Study terms and guidelines.
Procedures employers should take if they suspect impairment from student employees.
Retention requirements for Personnel/HR start on page 10.
MOU for on and off campus partners who participate in the work-study program at CSU.
Who to talk to about job postings, job development, employer resources, student training & advising, new hire paperwork for students, work study, and oracle function related to student employment.
THE CAREER CENTER
- Job Posting Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employer Resources and Consultations (OFF CAMPUS WORK STUDY PROGRAM, ON CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT AND ON AND OFF
CAMPUS INTERNSHIPS) – email@example.com
- Student Training and Programs (I.E. STUDENT EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR, STUDENT EMPLOYMENT WEEK, CONNECT
EVENTS, JOB FAIRS, ETC.) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Advising (AS IT RELATES TO FINDING PART-TIME ON AND OFF CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT): https://career.colostate.edu/connect-1-on-1/
- Elevate Student Supervision Certificate Program: email@example.com
OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID
- New Hire Paperwork for Students (THIS INCLUDES RETENTION OF STUDENT RECORDS FOR YOUR HIRING UNIT) – OFAPay@colostate.edu
- Oracle Approvals – OFAPay@colostate.edu
- Awarding of Work Study Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview questions and things to consider when selecting student candidates.
Work Study Dates for AY 2020- 2021
- Work Study jobs begin no earlier than: 15-Aug-2020
- Fall only awards must end: 18-Dec-2020
- Spring only awards begin: 16-Jan-2021
- All Work Study employment ends: 14-May-2021
Work Study Dates for AY 2019-2020
- Work Study jobs begin no earlier than: 17-Aug-2019
- Fall only awards must end: 20-Dec-2019
- Spring only awards begin: 18-Jan-2020
- All Work Study employment ends: 15-May-2020
Student Eligibility and Enrollment Deadline
To be employed as a student hourly employee, you must be enrolled at Colorado State University for at least 1 credit in a degree-seeking program, be a graduate student on Continuous Registration as of the last day to drop/add classes each semester. This date is officially known as ‘Census Date’, or be an undergraduate student on Planned Leave.
Census Dates for 2019-2020
- Fall 2019: September 11, 2019
- Spring 2020: February 5, 2020