Each year Colorado State University celebrates National Student Employment Week during the second full week of April. This week enables us to thank Colorado State University students for the contributions they make as employees to the University and the surrounding community.
This year, National Student Employment Week will be held April 12 – April 16, 2021. Student Employment Services has partnered with local businesses to offer a wide variety of prizes to student employees as a way of saying thank you. Students may register on RAMWeb for a chance to win merchandise and gift certificates from local restaurants and businesses.
Student Employment Services encourages campus employers to recognize the work done by their student employees. Employers honor their student employees during this time in many ways: taking the student employee out to lunch or coffee, luncheons or department banquets, certificates, thank you letters, to name a few. The culmination of events this week is marked by the announcement of Colorado State University’s Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY).
CSU Bookstore, Spoons, Soups & Salads, The Human Bean, Wild Boar, Noodles, James Salon (LSC), Lamar’s Donuts, Subway, CSU Athletics Department, Café Mexicali, Obee’s Soup Salad Subs, Chippers Lanes’ Brake’s Plus, Raising Cane’s, Miramont Lifestyle Fitness, Chocolate Café, Kilwin’s Chocolate & Ice Cream, Walrus Ice Cream, Canino’s Italian Restaurant, Costco, Fort Fun, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, Jason’s Deli, Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwiches, The Lyric, Mama Roni’s Pizza, Pizza Casbah, RamCard Office, Simply Thai, Smashburger, Smokin Fins, Snooze, Texas Roadhouse, Beau Jo’s Locality Kitchen
– Student Employee Recognition Ideas:
• Treat Day–full-time staff bring in treats for student workers or take students out for an ice cream cone, coffee, or snack.
• Letters of Appreciation or Letters of Reference
• Take photos–post student worker photos on the department bulletin board along with what great things they do for your department
• Coupon booklets–design coupons for a free soda, home-baked goodies, etc.
• Notes home–send a note home to the families of your student workers to tell them how much they are appreciated, what they do, and how terrific they are.
• Certificates–buy or make low-cost certificates and make up serious or silly awards and present them to your student employees.
• Friendship plants–take cuttings from an office plant and give to each student employee as a “live” connection to the office.
• Office decoration–make a banner or signs to hang in the office during National Student Employment Week, or decorate with a fun theme.
• Office pot luck meal-host an office pot luck with the student employees as guests of honor.