- Do I have to post a job twice for work-study and for hourly in Handshake? No, you can now post only once, but if your position is open to work-study or non-work study, then please add that info to the job description. Students will be able to see all job postings since all students have the option to apply for work-study.
- Does the Handshake job number need to be included in the comments sections of oracle for all
job postings? The Handshake job number needs to be included for all student assignments, either work-study or hourly.
- I already have a student account, but now need an employer account because I post positions for my on-campus employer. What should I do? Please contact Barbara Richardson at Barbara.Richardson@colostate.edu if you want to be able to toggle between accounts.
- How do I tell who the administrator is for my department’s Handshake account? Does this mean only one person per department can post jobs? Each department will have full autonomy of their account and who has access. The person who creates the account becomes the owner. Multiple users can be attached to each department’s account and post jobs. If you are trying to join an employer account that has already been created, someone from within your department will need to approve your request.
To determine who is the owner of your department’s account: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019711833
To transfer ownership of your department’s account: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004924973-How-to-Transfer-Ownership
- How do I add staff to our department’s Handshake employer account?
How to Invite Staff Members to Join Handshake – https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015456708-How-to-Invite-Staff-Members-to-Join-Handshake
How to Manually Add Staff Members to your Company’s Profile? – https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007540973-How-to-Manually-Add-Staff-Members-to-your-Company-s-Profile-
- How do I create a Handshake account? If you do not already have a Handshake account:
- Sign up for an Employer account in Handshake
- Either join your department’s employer account if one has already been created. (tip: you can search now) Or ask your department’s HR liaison to create the Handshake employer profile for your department using the following naming convention: Name your employer Colorado State University – Department Name (dept code), e.g., Colorado State University – Career Center (8008).
If you already have a Handshake account associated with your specific department:
We’ve adjusted your employer account name to the following naming convention: Colorado State University – Department Name (dept code), e.g., Colorado State University – Career Center (8008).
****Please note that employers are able to set up divisions or separate programs under the same Handshake account. Handshake accounts will be organized by Department Code. Information on how to do that can be found at: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133107 ****
- How should I set up my Handshake account if I have a large department? Each department is able to have only one Handshake employer account. Each employer account can have multiple users/staff/recruiters added to it. Divisions can be added when posting jobs or registering for a fair or an event. For information on how to set up division, please https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133107-How-to-Add-Divisions-to-Your-Company
- Why am I not able to post a job to CSU? First makes sure that Colorado State University has been requested in the school section of Handshake. This does not happen automatically for campus employers. For more information, please go to: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/219133047-Create-an-Employer-User-Account-Join-a-Company-and-Connect-with-Schools
- How do I post a job? For detailed instructions, please visit: https://career.colostate.edu/job-postings-for-job-campus-employer/
- Can I post a personal child care position on Handshake under my employer account? No, only positions directly related to your department can be posted under your department’s company account. However, the good news is that we do have a place for folks to post odd jobs for students. You can post your position on https://career.colostate.edu/hire-a-csu-student/. It will be viewable to only CSU students through https://career.colostate.edu/hire-a-csu-student/. Once your part-time position has been posted and is available for students to view for 1 month and is listed as open until filled. If after 1 month your position is still open, please feel free to resubmit your request.