EMPLOYERS, prepare to connect with CSU Rams!
Join Colorado State University Career Services for this new and unique event to help fill your open roles! Our Just in Time Interviews are designed to help you connect 1:1 with our talented Rams as a way to start screening for any full-time, internship, on-campus, or summer positions your organization is hiring for. How does it work?
- Post your open position(s) in Handshake
- Register for Just In Time Interviews
- Create your schedule for the day using only 1:1 session | 1:1 sessions are 10 minutes each (please no group sessions at this event)
- We market your job opportunities to targeted students across CSU
- Log in to Handshake on 4/21 and meet with our talented students interested in your positions posted in Handshake
- Choose the students you want to move forward in your interview process
- We recommend setting up interviews the following week and scheduling them through Handshake (you can still use your own process – this just provides further marketing and branding!)
- Everything is virtual! All video sessions take place in Handshake
- Advance registration and schedule set up is required
- This fair is completely 1:1 sessions to help you fill your position. 1:1 sessions are 10 minutes each | one student and one employer representative can attend
- You create your own schedule
What’s the same?
- Students still want to meet YOU!
- Individual opportunities (1:1 sessions) for conversations with target students.
- Preparation is key! Be sure to have your schedule built by Friday, April 9, 2021 to ensure student engagement.
Click HERE for step-by-step instructions on how to get the most out of your virtual fair experience.
Before Just In Time Interviews
1. Register for CSU’s Just In Time Interviews on Handshake
2. Build your schedule in Handshake as soon as possible. The deadline is Friday, April 9, 2021.
- Be sure to schedule breaks for yourself.
- Check out Handshake’s helpful video.
3. Familiarize yourself with Handshake’s platform
Day of Just In Time Interviews
1. Choose a quiet, distraction-free place to set up, make sure you have a stable internet connection, your laptop is plugged in, and video and audio working.
2. Make sure that you are using a supported browser- we recommend Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.
4. Sign in up to an hour before your session and test your video.
5. If you need assistance, join us on Zoom from 12:00– 6:00 pm MT https://zoom.us/j/97712025082?pwd=SGhOeXBsVVZsQzlWbmxmZ0dnQnVPQT09
6. While in sessions with students, ask if and how they’d like to be followed up with or contacted in the future. Time will move quickly during the fair, so following up with students will be important!
7. Give yourself grace, we know there can be dogs barking, kids in the background, and other noises. You are going to do a great job!
After the Just In Time Interviews
Follow up with students after the fair
Schedule “Next Week Interviews” in Handshake- Let us help get the word out about your “next week interviews”. Our team continues to work hard to facilitate connections between students and employers and want to encourage employers to schedule interviews through Handshake to receive the following benefits.
- Increased brand recognition: Interviews posted in Handshake are another way to advertise your organization’s commitment to recruiting CSU Rams and increase your brand recognition.
- Flexibility: Schedule interviews on one day or over several. Handshake’s scheduling feature allows students to sign up for a time that works best for them. Our staff can help support you in creating an interview schedule that accommodates your needs and can add the link to your preferred video conferencing platform.
- Consistency: Handshake allows you to post both jobs and request interviews in the same system, making it seamless for employers and students to connect.