Virtual Career Conference Resources
View resources and recorded sessions from the first-ever Virtual Career Conference.
We also invite you to visit our Resource Center for more career resources and learning.
Career Preparation Resources
“Improve Your Application Materials”-Connect with a Career Coach to talk about best practices for resumes and cover letters when applying to new jobs or internships!
- Recorded Session
- Resume Samples
- Cover Letter Sample
- Career Center Resume Guide
“Networking from a Distance”- Networking, or making connections, is an important skill and can benefit you greatly in your job search process (and throughout your career!) Chat with two Career Coaches to find out how you can continue connecting with folks and honing your networking skills in a virtual environment.
- Recorded Session
- How to Impress Employers at Virtual Events
- Coronavirus and Your Career: How to Effectively Network During a Quarantine
- Sample Questions for Informational Interviewing
“Interviewing from a Distance” – As more and more interviews are being conducted remotely, chat with a Career Coach to learn the best tips and tricks for acing your virtual interview!
Career Learning Resources
“What can I do with this major? Non-linear paths and Alumni perspectives”- Hear from an array of alumni who explored a VARIETY of career paths with their majors, and graduated during a less ideal US economy.
“Resilience in Uncertain Times” – Learn strategies to cope with and respond to challenging situations, with a focus on facing rejection and uncertainty during the job search.
“Job Search Strategies for Our Current Times” – Learn what has changed and what has not changed in the job search process for our current situation, and what you can do to meet your short-term survival needs as well as how to prep effectively to reach your long-term goals.
“When and IF to Attend Graduate School” – Talk with a career coach about factors to consider for if and WHEN it’s best to attend graduate school!
“Let’s Talk about MONEY” – Financial Advice from Canvas – Talk with Canvas Credit Union’s Director of Financial Education for some real talk about how to navigate financial unexpectancies, the value of a budget system, and how to create one in order to save!
“Perspectives for Graduating Class of 2020” – Are you graduating this May? Check in and celebrate with 4 CSU Career Services professionals about this transition; including industry impact, emotional management, and resources to support you!
“International Job Searching” – Talk with a career coach to clarify your interests and resources for finding international job opportunities.
Employer Connect Sessions
Tuesday, April 28
- Better Business Bureau Serving Northern Colorado and Wyoming
- City Year
- Coyote Logistics
- Colorado State University – Off-Campus Life
- Martinez Associates, Inc.
- United State Army Recruiting – Denver, CO
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA – Washington, DC)
- Xcel Energy
Wednesday, April 29
- Community Reach Center
- Fast Enterprise
- Fidelity Investments
- Gorsuch, LTD
- Independent Lake Camp
- Lovelace Biomedical Research Institute
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Thursday, April 30
- AmeriCorps NCCC
- Cintas Corporation
- Columbine Health System
- Denver Public Schools
- Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- Marine Corps Officer Programs Fort Collins, CO
- The National Radio Astronomy Observatory
- Northwestern Mutual – Greater Colorado Springs
- Premier Roofing Company
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- USDA-APHIS-WS National Wildlife Research Center
- U.S. Department of State