The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and select private-sector employers with college students, graduate students, and recent graduates with qualified disabilities interested in summer internships or permanent jobs.
- Be a person with a disability
- Obtain a Schedule A Hiring Authority document by December 2022
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be a current, full-time, degree-seeking CSU student OR have graduated after April 1, 2020. **
* Schedule A letters must be signed by a licensed medical professional; a licensed rehabilitation professional; or any federal, state, District of Columbia, or US territory agency that issues or provides disability benefits.
**Students may also participate if they meet all of the other requirements for the program but are taking a reduced course load due to a disability or if they are taking less than a substantially full-time load in the enrollment period immediately prior to graduation.
- Create a student user account on the WRP website.
- Wait for CSU’s WRP coordinator to approve your request.
- Once approved, you can create and submit an application on the WRP website. The Career Center is here to help you with any questions.
- After submitting your application, you can notify CSU’s WRP coordinators of any accommodations needed for elective interviews.
- A CSU WRP coordinator will reach out to schedule your elective interview with a WRP representative.
- WRP will release student applications entered into the WRP database to federal and select private-sector employers to review beginning in December.
August 22, 2022 – Student registration opens on WRP website
October 13, 2022 – Student registration closes
October 16, 2022 – Student application deadline
October 18, 2022 – Accommodation forms due
October 24 – November 16 – WRP elective interview period (scheduled through the Career Center)
*** Reminder to obtain your Schedule A letter by the end of December. This is not included in the WRP application but will be asked for by employers after the database opens.
December 2022 – Student applications are entered into a database for federal and select private-sector employers to review. Employers will begin contacting candidates about jobs as early as mid-December and will continue through June for summer jobs, and up to one year later for permanent jobs.